Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Stroller and Car Seat Assembly

There is always the old joke about how difficult a crib is to put together. I don't know about that but I do know how difficult a stroller can be to put together. I got a Graco stoller/car seat travel system. The car seat was one piece, so I put my teddy bear in to check how to adjust the harness. Easier that I thought!

Now, I will admit that I am one of those people that read manuals for just about everything I have, including my phone. I was quite a bit disappointed that my new phone had no manual with it, that it only had "quick tips". What's funny is that I have found little "tricks" to do with my phone before with the manual.

So, putting the stroller together was oh so fun! I had to figure out how to open it without hurting myself, being  almost 36 weeks pregnant. I got the front wheels on because they actually snapped on. The back was a little harder. I had to snap the brakes on. Got that. Get the metal pole through the axle. Done. Put on the wheel. Got it. Put the solder pin in? Not quite. It was so tight, it wouldn't go on. I understand why it was made like that but not exactly fun when you're pregnant, tired, and easily irritable.

My mom finally had to do it for me. So, the stroller is done. The car seat is put on there properly. I need someone to check out out the base in my Mustang. My car has LATCH, but it has never been used before since I have had it. I knew how to attach it but I do need someone to tell me it is right. Trust me, putting a car seat in my car is way fun, especially when it is rear facing. There is just about no room left in my passenger front seat. It is pulled all the way up and oh so much fun!

So, since he has decided to drop, it could be any day now. The only thing I haven't gotten done yet is getting him a doctor. I know, it is getting too last minute. But, if it wasn't for last minute, nothing would get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment